Larimer County Road 5 & County Road 36 Road Closure
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: May 23, 2013
Joe Temple, Larimer County Engineering, (970) 498- 5717, firstname.lastname@example.org
On May 28, 2013, Larimer County will restrict traffic at the intersection of County Roads 5 and 36 to a one-lane operation, to begin construction of Project No. 304 – Turn Lanes at County Road 5 and County Road 36 and County Road 5 Shoulder Construction 1.0 Mile South of County Road 36.
On June 3, 2013, Larimer County will close County Road 5 from Harmony Road to County Road 34C, and County Road 36 from County Road 5 to the east I-25 Frontage Road, to all through traffic for the same project. The roads will reopen to traffic June 22nd. All construction is expected to be complete in mid-July.
Improvements are planned for the intersection of CR 36 and CR 5. The improvements will include construction of the following turn lanes:
- North bound to west bound left turn lane on CR 5 to CR 36
- West bound to south bound left turn lane on CR 36 to Colorado Youth Outdoors (CYO) entrance
- South bound to west bound right turn lane on CR 5 to CR 36
- East bound to north bound left turn lane on CR 36 to CR 5
- East bound to south bound right turn lane on CR 36 to CR 5
Six foot wide paved shoulders on will be constructed on County Road 5 south of intersection approximately 1.0 miles to existing paved shoulders.
Bids were opened April 18th - Connell Resources was awarded the work, through a competitive bid process. For further information please contact Joe Temple at Larimer County Engineering at (970) 498-5717, email@example.com