River Bluffs Open Space & Poudre River Trail
Fire restrictions in effect:
Fires in metal grates only. Fuel stoves and grills OK (no charcoal). No open flames outside of metal grates. No smoking outside unless on established roads or parking areas.
River Bluffs Open Space is a small but spectacular open space that provides something for all, human and wildlife alike. The Poudre River is its signature feature and provides one half mile of pools and riffles for ducks, other waterfowl, wading birds, and curious anglers. Raptors such as red-tailed hawks and great horned owls also call River Bluffs home.
The Poudre River Trail at River Bluffs Open Space connects to 21 beautiful miles of trail running southeast through wildlife areas and parks. All non-motorized activities including walking, biking and inline skating are allowed at River Bluffs Open Space. Picnic tables and river access provide a great setting to relax and enjoy the Poudre River.
The paved trail through River Bluffs Open Space is is a segment of the larger Poudre River Trail located in Fort Collins, Timnath, Windsor, Weld County and Greeley.
For specifics, ask a ranger for a copy of the Regulations Brochure
- You are responsible for knowing and abiding by the rules of this Open Space.
- Share the trail - foot travel and non-motorized bikes are welcome on designated trails. No horses allowed.
- Prevent trail conflict - Bikers must yield to Hikers.
- Dogs must be leashed. Please pick up after your dog. Dog bags are available at the trailhead.
- Please pack out and dispose of all trash.
- Stay on designated trails at all times. Staying on trails prevents resource damage, erosion and wildlife conflict.
- Do not camp or build fires of any kind.
- Day use only - the open space trailhead is closed from sunset to sunrise.
- Special use permits required for any group use and special activities.