This will be the 2nd annual Quad Rock 50 and 25 mile trail race event. The event start and finish will be hosted at Lory State Park and the majority of the route will be run on Lory Park trails. The 2012 event was a huge success and brought a lot of good PR and new park users to both trail systems. We would like to continue to build and improve upon those successes to help support and highlight the local trail networks, and to help promote Fort Collins as a trail running destination. To that end, our hope is to create an event that is considered among the best ultra-distance races in the Mountain West. We have already received verbal approval for our race date and runner capacity from Lory Park management. Official confirmation of our permit approval from Lory can be provided, if needed.
Our complete race plan with the event schedule and detailed runner traffic projections is included in the attached document.
Comments: Please ensure that a detailed emergency communications plan is available, and that all staff and volunteers are familiar with the plan.
Food service at aid stations does not require a licensed vendor provided food and beverage service is limited to:
• Service of commercially prepared and individually packaged foods and beverages that do not require refrigeration. Examples include packaged candy, power bars, bottled water, soda or juice.
• Service of hot coffee, tea, instant hot beverages.
• Service of donuts, bagels or pastries that are commercially prepared and do not require refrigeration.
• Service of whole uncut fruits and vegetables.
• Service of water from a public supply transported and dispensed in clean containers designed for potable water service.
The Larimer County Department of Health & Environment is available to consult on food safety concerns, and on licensing provisions for vendors involving food service beyond that listed above. Information is available on our website at http://larimer.org/health/ehs/food.asp.
Adequate toilets need to be provided at the start/finish area and as necessary at aid stations.
Doug Ryan Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (970) 498-6777 email@example.com
Comments: 11/1/12: Application has been forwarded to area manager for review. 11/13/12: Fee worksheet was sent, event is approved by our department upon receipt of signed worksheet and payment in full. 5/3/13: signed worksheet and payment received. Thank you