Garbage Garage Education Center Tour Information
Thank you for considering a tour of the Garbage Garage. Please review the information below so you'll know what to expect.
- Tours must be scheduled in advance. It's best if you can call at least a week or more ahead of time.
- The Garbage Garage is also open for drop-in visitors on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All tour groups must park in the area provided near the Garbage Garage. Please do not park anywhere else. It is best if visitors can carpool as parking is limited. .
- The Garbage Garage is handicapped-accessible.
- We ask that cell phones be turned off before entering the Garbage Garage
- The Garbage Garage can accommodate about 30 students comfortably, along with their teachers/parents. No group is too small! (If your group is larger than 30, please let us know and we can make other arrangements.)
- A Garbage Garage attendant will provide an introduction, and then you may choose to either: (1) be led through the displays by the attendant,
(2) use the Scavenger Hunts as a fun way to navigate through the displays on your own, or (3) browse around on your own. The attendant will always be available to answer questions.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the building, but there are a few picnic tables and benches available adjacent to the building that you can eat on.
- There is no access to water.
- No trash cans are available, so we ask that you recycle or compost what you can at our facilities (we have one backyard compost bin and a recycling drop-off area) and take other trash home with you (or you may pay to use the landfill).
- A handicapped-accessible porta-potty is available.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for the actions of minors in their group and are expected to help keep visitors, staff and property safe.
- Adult supervision is required for those under 16 years of age.
- Sandals and flip flop shoes are discouraged for safety reasons. Close-toed shoes are recommended and required if visiting other locations on site. Weather appropriate clothing (coats, jackets, etc.) should also be worn.
- If you'd like to schedule a tour, please call (970) 498-5772.
- If you need to cancel or are going to be late, please call the above phone number.
- Safety is our priority and we reserve the right to end a tour if safety rules are not observed by visitors.