200 West Oak Street
P.O. Box 1190
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1190
(970) 498-7986 Fax
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
The Larimer County Public Works Division is comprised of six departments that plan, design, construct, manage, operate and maintain the essential infrastructure in the County. Point to each of the departments to learn more, or access their webpage.
Road Information Locator - is a software application that gives you the ability to view the county’s roadway assets using a map (road ownership, road maintenance, signs, culverts, traffic count information, crash information, plus much more).
- Engineering - Plans, designs and manages construction for infrastructure improvements to County roads, bridges, and drainage. Also responsible for development review, traffic operations, environmental, right-of-way, permitting, and transportation planning.
- Fleet Services - Oversees purchase, maintenance and repairs of light and heavy duty County vehicles; manages parts, fuel and fueling sites.
- Natural Resources - Manages some of Larimer County's great outdoor places including open spaces, magnificent water-based recreation areas and responsible land stewardship through weed management and healthy forest practices.
- Road & Bridge - Develops and delivers innovative roadway and drainage structure maintenance and improvement.
- Solid Waste - Offers responsible disposal services to Larimer County citizens. Solid Waste operates the Larimer County sanitary landfill, Recycling program, Hazardous Waste program, Education program, and does landfill environmental monitoring.
- The Ranch - Operates and manages all aspects of The Ranch - Larimer County's Fairgrounds and Events complex.
For a quick and colorful overview of the Public Works department, and their work, click on their annual reports, below: