Land Use Code
Proposed Amendments to the Land Use Code
The Land Use Code is a living document that requires periodic housekeeping amendments to make it function properly. Housekeeping amendments are those changes to the code that correct an omission or error in the Code. These amendments are considered to be minor and it's not anticipated that these changes greatly affect the intent or purpose of the Code. Other amendments may be proposed to add land uses that aren't currently covered in the Code or to modify existing uses or requirements.
Two review criteria are considered when amending the Land Use Code:
- The proposed changes are consistent with the Master Plan and the intent and purpose of the Land Use Code; and
- The proposed changes are necessary to correct an omission or error in the Land Use Code.
Amendments Under Consideration
Amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code to be heard by the Larimer County Planning Commission on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. in the Hearing Room-1st Floor of the Larimer County Courthouse Offices, 200 W Oak, Fort Collins, CO. The amendments to be heard are as follows:
- Amend the Larimer County Land Use Code by (file #17-CODE0204):
- Changing the definition of 'Farm' in Section 0.1-Definitions to not include the language 'containing at least three acres',
- Changing the use description 'Farm' at Section 4.3.1.A to not include the language 'containing at least three acres', and to add the requirement for Public Site Plan (PSP) review for farms occurring on lots within a constructed subdivision, conservation development, or rural land use plan,
- Changing the Agricultural category of 'Farm' within the zoning table of Section 4 from '(R)' to '(R/PSP)' for the Zoning Districts FA-Farming, FA-1-Farming, FO-Forestry, FO-1-Forestry, O-Open, E-Estate, E-1-Estate, RE-Rural Estate, RE-1-Rural Estate, R-Residential and AP-Airport, and
- Changing the list of allowed used under the Agricultural section of the Zoning Districts FA-Farming, FA-1-Farming, FO-Forestry, FO-1-Forestry, O-Open, E-Estate, E-1-Estate, RE-Rural Estate, RE-1-Rural Estate, R-Residential and AP-Airport from 'Farm (R)' to 'Farm (R/PSP)'.
- Amend the Larimer County Land Use Code by (file #17-CODE0205):
Repealing Section 7.0 Special Events and replacing it with a new Section 7.0 Special Events.
- Amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code to make modifications by (file #16-CODE0200):
- Adding the term 'Short Term Rental' to Section 0.1-Definitions,
- Adding the use description 'Short Term Rental' as Section 4.3.6.E and renumbering the balance of Section 4.3.6,
- Adding 'Short Term Rental' as a use allowed by Special Review (S) or Site Plan Review (SP) to the zoning table in Section 4.1 under the category of Accommodations,
- Adding 'Short Term Rental' by Special Review (S) to the list of allowed uses under the Accommodations section for the Zoning Districts RE-Rural Estate, FO-Forestry, FO-1-Forestry, A-Accommodations, T-Tourist, O-Open or by Site Plan (SP) in the Zoning Districts B-Business and RFLB-Red Feather Lakes Business.
There may be some lag time between a proposed amendment, adoption of the amendment by the Board of County Commissioners, and the inclusion of the amendments into the on-line version of the Land Use Code. Approved amendments are incorporated into the on-line version of the Code four times per year.
If you would like more specific information or if you have a question that's not answered here, please contact the Larimer County Planning Department at (970) 498-7679 or send us an email.