> County Departments > Clerk & Recorder > Motor Vehicle > Watercraft, ATVs, Off-Road Motorcycles

Watercraft, ATVs, Off-Road Motorcycles

The State of Colorado does not title watercraft (motor boats, sail boats, jet ski's etc.), snowmobiles, ATV's (4 wheelers) or Off-road motorcycles. Registration through Colorado State Parks is required for watercraft, snowmobiles, ATV's and off-road motorcycles (both are referred to as OHV's or off highway vehicles). For information regarding title and registration of the trailer please see purchasing a vehicle.

Effective February 1, 2005, the Colorado State Parks Office in the Environmental Learning Center at I-25 and Prospect in Fort Collins will no longer be open. For all renewals of boat, snowmobile, or OHV (off-highway vehicle) registrations, please go to www.parks.state.co.us for on-line renewal options. If you do not wish to renew your registration by mail or on-line, or if you have a new boat, snowmobile or OHV you may also go to the following locations.

The Visitor Centers at:

Boyd Lake State Park
3720 Co Rd 11C
Loveland, CO 80538
(970) 669-1739
OR Lory State Park
708 Lodgepole Dr.
Bellvue, CO 80512
(970) 493-1623
OR Jackson Lake State Park
26363 Morgan Co Road 3
Orchard, CO 80649
(970) 645-2551

Please call ahead for Visitor Center operating hours. For further information on registrations, please contact Colorado State Parks Registration Unit at (303) 791-1920.

Off-road motorcycles can be made street legal by a new owner. If this is the case, and the motorcycle is over 50 cc's, it will then be titled and registered by the Larimer County Motor Vehicle Department. The following documents will be required in order to title and register the motorcycle:

  1. Proof ownership. This may be either a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO), a Dealer Invoice or Bill of Sale stating the motorcycle was sold as an off-road unit.
  2. VIN inspection.
  3. Complete a DR2686 [pdf] Certificate of Equipment Compliance.

Back to Motor Vehicle Page