Larimer County Adopts Fire Restrictions on Open Fires & Fireworks
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
Board of County Commissioners, 970-498-7010, firstname.lastname@example.org
Undersheriff Bill Nelson, (970) 498-5103, email@example.com
FROM: Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, (970) 498-7150, firstname.lastname@example.org
- the unincorporated area west of County Road 19 (Taft in Fort Collins & Wilson in Loveland), or west of County Roads 21 or 23 where County Road 19 does not exist; and, north of County Road 60, or north of County Road 58 where County Road 60 does not exist. MAP: http://larimer.org/bcc/130625/06252013Fireworks%20Restrictions.pdf
- No fireworks or fireworks displays (in the mapped area) are allowed under these restrictions.
- No agricultural burning is allowed under these restrictions.
- Contained Open Fires mean fires in permanently constructed stationary masonry or metal fireplaces specifically designed for the purpose of combustion.
- The use ofinternal or external combustion engine with a spark arresting deviceproperly installed, maintained and in effective working order and meeting published standards.
- Fireplaces or wood stoves located inside permanent structures.
- Fires in commercially operated wood and/or charcoal fired grills designed for cooking.
- Charcoal fired grills when used at a private residence and located on a non-combustible surface of at least ten feet in diameter.
- Fires such as those in camp stoves and grills using gas or pressurized liquid,