Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Accounts Officer Treasurer
Perform professional accounting work in recording and reporting of financial transactions. Prepare financial statements. Maintain balancing of Treasurer's general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from Chief Deputy Treasurer.
- Exercises indirect supervision of clerical and technical staff.
- Exercises direct supervision of Senior Treasurer's Technicians.
- Plan and control information entered into the Oracle ERP, TRE System, accounts payable and the warrant accounting system.
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts for Treasurer Investments.
- Balance and conduct periodic closing of multiple accounts for several departments including the Treasurer's office.
- Perform a variety of professional accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance, and review of financial records and reports, including monthly transaction reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting records in such a way as to provide desired information promptly and economically.
- Perform accounting duties in the posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the General Ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Recommend or implement changes in accounting systems and procedures, including computerized accounting systems.
- Execute computer runs for daily and monthly reports; ensure that system updates proper files; maintain the "double entry" accounting position process.
- Maintain status code file for tax roll.
- Administer tax prepayment accounts.
- Address tax collection problems as necessary.
- Prepare reports and disburse all tax collections and specific ownership tax to the taxing authorities such as schools, cities, and hospitals.
- Research accounts as necessary for taxing authorities; audit request letters for taxing authorities.
- Monitor changes in tax laws that affect the Treasurer's Office.
- Assist staff with accounting changes.
- Assist other county departments with balancing difficulties and account questions.
- Serve as a back up to the Senior Accountant. Post and balance collections; balance accounts receivable and transfers; oversee the recording of wire transfers in Senior Accountants absence.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Computerized accounting systems.
- Treasurer's Office procedures and processes.
- Governmental accounting and budgeting.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Organize material, present information, and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and writing.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Develop and implement accounting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar professional level accounting duties and responsibilities preferably within a Treasurer's Office.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.