Accounting Technician I
Accounting Technician I is the entry level job in the Accounting Technician series. The Accounting Technician I performs basic clerical accounting duties.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives immediate supervision from higher level supervisory or management personnel.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Enters accounting data on computer, ledgers and other accounting records according to established methods and procedures.
- Checks computer reports for accuracy and completeness, and makes routine adjustments as necessary.
- Processes and prepares vouchers for payment.
- Files receipts, vouchers, billings and other materials according to established methods and procedures.
- Maintains a variety of records.
- Types forms, billings, routine correspondence and other related items.
- Performs related work as required.
- Basic knowledge of modern office and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Ability to make simple mathematical computations.
- Data processing operations related to the maintenance of fiscal records.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of clerical experience with record keeping, in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.