> Employment Opportunities
(or unsubscribe) and receive new job openings in your email inbox.
Employment with Larimer County
View and apply for current openings
Job posting questions
Below you will find some important information about our application and hiring process. Please read this information prior to applying for employment.
Information About Our Application Process
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- The Human Resources Department will only accept online applications for positions currently open. All applications must be received by 10 p.m. Mountain Time on the closing date.
- Larimer County requires a completed Larimer County application for the job which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications.
- List names of employers in consecutive order with present or most recent employer listed FIRST.
- You may upload up to 2 attachments to your online application.
- Account for all periods of time including military service and any period of unemployment for at least the last 10 years. If you do not have 10 years of employment history, please account for your entire employment history. If self employed, give firm name and business references.
- Interviews will not be scheduled prior to the closing date on the job announcement, however, if the position is posted as "Continuous", the department will be accepting applications and interviewing until the position is filled.
- Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, successful completion of a physical examination, verification of your former employment and references and a thorough background investigation, including any criminal record and appropriate drug and alcohol testing.
- All newly-hired employees are probationary employees and may be dismissed with or without cause.
- Depending on budget limitations, County departments can choose whether to offer non-exempt employees the option of receiving compensatory time off at time-and-one-half ("comptime") in lieu of time-and-one-half payment for overtime hours worked in accordance with Federal Law and County Policies.
- If you have any questions, or need reasonable accommodations in order to apply, please contact the Human Resources department at (970) 498-5989.
Please take a moment to fill out our applicant survey. Your response will be used to help us improve our processes.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Larimer County.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Important: If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.