> Employment Opportunities
(or unsubscribe) and receive new job openings in your email inbox.
Employment with Larimer County
View and apply for current openings
Featured Employment Opportunity
Budget Director – Larimer County, CO
Larimer County is seeking a Budget Director who, under the administrative direction of the County manager, performs highly
responsible professional fiscal planning for County government. Responsibilities include directing, coordinating and producing
the County's annual budget, long-range fiscal planning, and directing/preparing budget analyses and reports. The Director
makes budget recommendations to the County Manager and Board of County Commissioners, prepares financial policies, and
assists in the development of countywide programs and services inventory with goals, objectives, and performance measures.
This position requires a minimum of ten years of increasingly responsible experience in governmental budgeting, financial
analysis or accounting administration and supervision of staff. A Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent, from an accredited
college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Finance,
Systems Development or a related field is required. A Master's Degree is preferred.
For more information about this position, including minimum qualifications and how to apply, please review the job
announcement by clicking on the following link:
You may also view the County’s job description for this position by
Status of recently closed positions | How to create a candidate profile | Job posting questions
** IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ! **
What: We are upgrading our job posting/applicant tracking system
When: We will be using the new system as of 12/09/2014
What you need to know: We are unable to transfer current employment application information over to the new system.
What you need to do: Prior to 12/09/2014, if you would like a copy of your current application forms so that you can use the information to create an application in our new system, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your applicant account: Login Page
- Click on My Dashboard if you don't already land on that page
- Scroll to your My Completed Tasks section
- Click on either the Printer or PDF icon in order to print or save next to EACH FORM to ensure you get all of your information:
If you have further questions, please contact Dee Schmidt at 970-498-5993.
Below you will find some important information about our application and hiring process. Please read this information prior to applying for employment.
Information About Our Application Process
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- The Human Resources Department will only accept online applications for positions currently open. All applications must be received by 10 p.m. Mountain Time on the closing date.
- Larimer County requires a completed Larimer County application for the job which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications.
- List names of employers in consecutive order with present or most recent employer listed FIRST.
- You may upload up to 10 attachments to your online application.
- Account for all periods of time including military service and any period of unemployment for at least the last 10 years. If you do not have 10 years of employment history, please account for your entire employment history. If self employed, give firm name and business references.
- Interviews will not be scheduled prior to the closing date on the job announcement, however, if the position is posted as "Continuous", the department will be accepting applications and interviewing until the position is filled.
- Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, successful completion of a physical examination, verification of your former employment and references and a thorough background investigation, including any criminal record and appropriate drug and alcohol testing.
- All newly-hired employees are probationary employees and may be dismissed with or without cause.
- Depending on budget limitations, County departments can choose whether to offer non-exempt employees the option of receiving compensatory time off at time-and-one-half ("comptime") in lieu of time-and-one-half payment for overtime hours worked in accordance with Federal Law and County Policies.
- If you have any questions, or need reasonable accommodations in order to apply, please contact the Human Resources department at (970) 498-5974.
Please take a moment to fill out our applicant survey. Your response will be used to help us improve our processes.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Larimer County.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Important: If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.