Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Parts of the Larimer County Virtual Courthouse website may be unavailable during maintenance on Tuesday, June 30 from 5 - 7 p.m.
Volunteer Programs and Opportunities
Due to the protective nature of our work, and the three month screening and training process, we kindly request that volunteers make a one year commitment to the CYF Volunteer Program and are not seeking employment with our agency, thank you. (This does not apply to college interns.)
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a youth or young parent.
- Teach and support a family in their home with life skills.
- Teach emancipated youth life skills, such as balancing a checkbook, renting an apartment, or talking to a landlord, getting a job.
Volunteering with Groups
- Facilitate a children's group for Oasis, such as art, music, sports, book club, hiking, etc.
- Develop groups that promote healthy habits through exercise and nutrition.
- Running activities for kids ages 8 - 17.
- Teach basic skills, games, and social skills in group settings or individually.
Other Supportive Activities
- Assist with client transportation needs.
- Provide support using your clerical skills.
- Provide donations to support ongoing programs.
- Help distribute needed resources.
- Market the volunteer program by "personing" manning a recruitment table.
- Assist with data entry for the volunteer program.
- Take part in seasonal projects and celebrations.
For more information, please email Christina Ulrich-Jones, Volunteer Coordinator, or call her at (970) 980-2239.