Monitoring Diseases Transmitted to People by Animals and Insects
- Consultation and investigation of wild and domestic animal bites for rabies; testing of wild animals, if available, when human bites have occurred.
- Notification and awareness when plague has been found in an area.
- Assessing risk of West Nile West Nile Virus infection.
- Education and consultation on current risks in the community for animal and insect spread diseases.
- Raising awareness and community education on Tularemia.
We also monitor for and alert residents of precautions related to Hanta Virus, ticks, and other diseases.