Health - Mental Health & Emotional Well-being
- The majority of the 2010 Health District Survey respondents (51.3%) reported experiencing no days in the previous month where they felt their mental health status was 'Not Good'. (Mental Health Status)
- Suicide was the 7th overall leading cause of death in Larimer County in 2011. In addition, the rate of attempted suicide resulting in hospitalization was statistically higher in Larimer County than in the state of Colorado in 2011. (Suicide)
- National Youth Risk Behavior Survey - Monitors 6 health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of morbidity and mortality among youth.
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Colorado Health Information Dataset (CoHID)
- National Association for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) Research Reports
- SAMHDA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive)
- SAMHSA's National Mental Health Information Center
- United States National Library of Medicine
Related issues within COMPASS:
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), created this web site to educate adolescents ages 11 through 15 (as well as their parents and teachers) on the science behind drug abuse.
- Connections is a partnership of the Health District and the Larimer Center for Mental Health that provides mental health and substance abuse resources and referrals.
- The Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- Mental Health America (MHA) formerly National Mental Health Association (NMHA)
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- National Institute of Mental Health:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- National Empowerment Center
- Other Local Health Resources via the FortNet website
- Suicide Resource Center of Larimer County
- Touchstone Health Partners (formerly Larimer Center for Mental Health)
- United Way 2-1-1 referral service is a non-profit information and referral agency serving the residents of Larimer County, Colorado.