Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Internship and Volunteer Information
Volunteers and students interested in completing an internship with the Criminal Justice Services Division should complete the online application as the first step in the hiring process.
How to get started!
Fill out an online application and submit it online, or print it off and mail it to:
Larimer County Criminal Justice Services
2307 Midpoint Dr
Fort Collins CO 80525
Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss internship openings. If there is not an opening at the time of your inquiry you will be notified of such.
There are several court-ordered programs within the Criminal Justice Services Division that offer internship and volunteer opportunities:
- Work Release Intern/Volunteer: Hours are available 7 days a week from 0700-2200 hrs. Intern/volunteer will receive additional training that may include court order interpretation and data entry, basic offender management skills, day-to-day phone and computer operation, data collection/audit and offender orientations and intakes.
- Electronic Home Monitoring: Hours are available Monday - Thursday from 0700-1700 hrs. Intern/volunteer will receive additional training that may include court order interpretation and data entry, basic offender management skills, data collection/audit and offender orientations and intakes.
- Community Service: Hours are available Monday-Friday 0730-1630. Interns and volunteer training may include court order data entry, offender file management, and verbal and written contact with various judicial and non-profit agencies, form management and general administrative work.
- Community Corrections: Residential Facility for offenders serving felony sentences. The program components include monitoring for community safety, employment assistance, treatment, budgeting skills, and links to community resources. Interns will receive a multidisciplinary program assisting the men's and women's residential programs in the security section, the Day Reporting Center, the juvenile Transportation Unit and the Employment Lab. Since Community Corrections is a 24/7 residential facility, internship opportunities can be scheduled during a wide variety of hours. Interns will receive exposure and skills in security functions, juvenile court procedures, substance monitoring and testing and assisting offenders with gaining employment.
Volunteers and Internships may also be available through the Offender Program Division. Programs are offered to Offenders so they can enrich their lives, and fill free time with productive, educational and fun activities. This list is not inclusive. The programs unit is always looking for new and innovative topics to offer enrichment to our offenders.
- GED preparedness and tutoring
- Life skills and practical applications such as budgeting, menu planning, nutrition
- Cognitive skills topics such as anger management, parenting and self improvement
- Hobby and creative outlet instruction, such as music appreciation, poetry writing, book club, art, knitting, fly tying