Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson
> Departments > Community Development > Code Compliance > Assistance Organizations

Citizen Assistance Organizations

FirstCall-when you need help call Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. FirstCall's mission is to enhance the lives of people in the region by providing timely, accurate, and caring community resource information and referral to community members and non-profit organizations. FirstCall's goal is to help people make connections to services they need, to volunteer opportunities, and to places they can donate goods, services and financial support. (970) 407-7066

Landlord/Tenant and Legal Issues

Students: CSU Renters Rights (970) 491-2248
Low Income Residents of Larimer County: Colorado Legal Services (970) 493-2891
City of Fort Collins Community Mediation Program. This program provides a Landlord/Tenant Handbook to the public through the City of Fort Collins' website: (This program is offered to City of Fort Collins' residents only). (970) 224-6022

Home Improvement

Homebuilders Association of Northern Colorado: Assists infirmed and disabled by building home wheelchair ramps (970-686-2798)
The Larimer Home Improvement Program (LaHIP) is a local program backed by federal, state and county dollars and is administered by the Housing Authority of the City of Loveland for all of Larimer County.  LaHIP offers low-interest rate (0% to 5%) loans for needed home repairs and improvements on owner-occupied properties. Limited emergency funds at 0% interest may be available for repairs.  Grants may be available for those with very low income. Limited mobile home rehab funds may be available for repairs to your mobile home. Your name must be on the mobile home title.  (970) 635-5931

Resources for Removal of Mobile Homes

Larimer County Landfill. Landfill fees based on number of pounds. Home must be empty. Owner must have title. (970) 498-5777
Pathways to Spirit, a Colorado non-profit corporation, 4307 Goldeneye Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80526. Can use mobile homes in good condition, which they will transport to Indian reservations. The homes must be in livable condition. (970) 282-8573

Resources for Removal of Inoperable, Unlicensed Vehicles

Mountain States Children's Home. Accepts car donations. Must have title and all parts attached (engine, tires, transmission). Non-operable/damaged is ok. 1-800-513-6560
Habitat for Humanity: vehicle removal-automobiles, trailers and car accessories. (970) 223-9909
Big Brothers/Big Sisters. 1-800-710-9145
Background Image: Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson. All rights reserved.