RED FEATHER LAKES PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
FIRE HOUSE MEETING ROOM
44 FIRE HOUSE LANE, RED FEATHER LAKES
March 7, 2013, 1:30-3:30
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Lon Hughes, 1:35pm .
Attendees: Rob Allman, Ted Carter, Terri Donnelly, Lon Hughes, Shirley Phankuch, Ross Reid, Donald Rogers, Lucille Schmitt
Excused Absence: Roger Clark, Roger Svendsen
Larimer County Representation: LARCO Senior Planner Rob Helmick
Guests Present: Gary Wiegel, Slash Solutions
Adoption of Agenda: The agenda was adopted as proposed.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from November 1, 2012 meeting were approved as written.
Revisit Approval of September 6, 2012 Minutes: Lon spoke to the manner in which the Slash Solutions vote was taken. All Action Item votes should be taken with a roll call vote.
1. Committee Member Communications – Regarding DSL, several members commented that their incoming speeds were improved.
2. County Communications – Rob, interview process for new Community Development Director starts and ends next Monday. Meetings with staff, elected officials, Commissioners,County Manager, for the 5 candidates in consideration. County Manager will do the hiring.
Building Department has hired another term clerk, term building inspector, termed inspector/plans examiner.
3. Comments from the Audience: - None
Community Sign – Discussion was made on various aspects of the proposed sign.
Preferred location for the sign would be the NW corner of Co. Rd. 74E and Prairie Divide Road. Preferred location is owned by Gene Barker. No cost estimates have been made and it's hasn’t been determined who's going to pay for it. All members should have received both concepts, arrow and fishing pole, via email. Arrow seems to be the more desired design. The fishing pole may define the RedFeather Lakes as nothing more than a fishing village.
Rob reminded us that county has strong rules regarding “off site” signs. He has committed to work on appeal to get it passed. He suggested we may need to call it a monument ID sign. He'd see if there's a slot to slide it into an existing code or if necessary, run an appeal. He feels our current county commissioners would support an appeal for a community identification sign.
Other issue for the county would be who's going to be responsible for it, e.g. maintenance. Is Gene going to grant an access easement to an entity and is the entity going to maintain it. Rob said that if we (PAC) can figure out how to do it, he can probably figure out how to make it happen. Lucille and Lon said that they would contact Gene Barker regarding use of the preferred property location.
A motion was made to pursue funding for the RFL village sign, arrow design, and hopefully locate it on the NW corner of 74E and 67J and carried. A roll call vote was unanimous.
Ted requested that the sign committee have a short meeting immediately following the PAC meeting.
Rob said the time frame would be 1 week it is a sign permit, a month if an appeal is required.
Action Items: Lon Hughes was nominated and elected to continue as Chairperson. Rob Allman was nominated and elected to serve as Vice Chairperson. Terri Donnelly was nominated and elected as Secretary.
Slash Solutions: Rob Helmick noted he had not received any complaints on the operation of Slash Solutions. After a short discussion, a motion was made and seconded to review Slash Solutions in September and return to a yearly review. A roll call vote was unanimous.
Discussion Items: None
Agenda for Next Meeting: There were no new significant items to add.
Next regular meeting: April 4, 2013