RED FEATHER LAKES PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
FIRE HOUSE MEETING ROOM
44 FIRE HOUSE LANE , RED FEATHER LAKES
January 9, 2014, 1:30-3:30 PM
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Lon Hughes at approx. 1:30 pm
Attendees: Robert Allman, Ted Carter, Roger Clark, Terri Donnelly, Lon Hughes, Donald Roger, Lucille Schmitt, Roger Svendsen, Fred Sandal
Excused Absence: Ross Reid
Unexplained Absence: Shirley Pfankuch
Adoption of Agenda: The agenda was amended and approved to advance discussion of action items once a quorum of members are present.
Approval of Minutes: Committee minutes are needed for March 7, 2013, June 6, 2013, August 1, 2013 and October 3, 2013. Committee members are asked to share notes from past meetings with Rob Helmick so County staff can prepare draft minutes for action in February.
1. East Side Road District: Fred Sandal reported on a discussion the committee had with Cynthia Thayer from the Colorado Department of Local Affairs. Resources are available from DOLA to assist with processes in forming or modifying special improvement districts, local incorporation and other service structures. Fred will prepare a summary of the discussion for committee members.
2. Water and Sewer Issues: Rob Helmick had a communication with CSU about possible water quality monitoring. Rob will followup and report back to the PAC.
Action Items: With a quorum being present at this point, action was taken as follows.
1. Election of Officers: Officers are elected for one year terms. Following nominations, officers for PAC approved for 2014 are as follows:
· Chair – Lon Hughes
· Vice-chair – Robert Allman
· Secretary – Fred Sandal
2. Posting of meetings in compliance with open meetings law: Ted Carter moved, seconded by Roger Clark, that the Red Feather Lakes Planning Advisory Committee designate the Oak Street entrance to the Larimer County Courthouse as the public posting place for notices of all official actions and public meetings in accordance with the requirements of the Colorado Open Meetings laws (CRS 24-6-402). Motion passed.
3. Directional signage to village services: Lucille Schmidt moved, seconded by Ted Carter for the Larimer County Engineer to place four directional two-sided signs pointing to the Red Feather Lakes village at the both the east (Ramona Lake and Dowdy), and west (Hiawatha Hwy. and CR 73 C) entrances per county sign shop standards. Motion passed, Rob H. to follow up with the request.
Communication Items: Discussion returned to other communication items.
1. Committee Member Communications: Ted Carter asked to be removed from service on PAC subcommittees due to other obligations, though will continue his duties as a PAC committee member. It was reported that Ross Reid may not be able to continue with the PAC due to work obligations.
2. County Communications: Rob Helmick reported on changes in staffing in the county buildings and inspection department. Rob H. reported on the 2013 flooding in Glen Haven and elsewhere in Larimer County and the status of county and other efforts to recover and rebuild from heavy damage and loss.
1. DSL/High Speed Services: Committee members discussed ongoing challenges with consistent wireless service and a recent incident in which 911, wireless and significant phone service from Red Feather Lakes was lost for much of the day. Some means of emergency communication in the event of another such incident was suggested, perhaps a plan from the RFL Fire District is needed. The Trading Post has satellite service in the event of an emergency.
2. Community path finding signs: Allowable according to County standards. See above action items.
3. Community sign: Members discussed the status of ongoing efforts to identify the placement of a Red Feather Lakes community sign. Maps were distributed showing the intersection of CR 67J and CR 74E, property lines and County right-of-way. Preferred option is to arrange for placement of the sign on the property line west of CR 67J, outside the county right-of-way. Lon Hughes will discuss the issues with the property owner, Gene Barker, also survey needs and report back.
4. Slash Solutions: No complaints have been registered. Any needed action will be deferred until September 4, 2014.
Next regular meeting: February 6, 2014 @ 1:30 pm