LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, September 21, 2016/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE AUGUST 17, 2016 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. METEC TECHNOLOGY EVALUATION LOCATION AND EXTENT #16-ZONE2048
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Location and Extent Review the Methane Emission Technology Evaluation Center (METEC) at CSU Foothills Campus
Location: West of the Motorsports Engineering Research Center and south of the PFA Training Center at the west end of West Vine Ave. on the Foothills Campus of Colorado State University.
Applicant: Colorado State University, Fred Haberecht, Facilities Management-CSU, Fort Collins CO 80523-6030
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the METEC Technology Evaluation Center Location and Extent, File # 16-ZONE2048, subject to the following condition:
1. The applicant shall coordinate any drainage or traffic improvements with the Larimer County Engineering Department.
2. Coordinate with ELCO regarding the need for and or relocation of the access road they currently use, prior to site development.
3. Provide the additional information as requested by the Health Department regarding noise and or odors before any testing occurs.
*2. SHAMROCK HILL ACRES SUBDIVISION #16-LAND3506
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Public Hearing Review of the Preliminary Plat request to subdivide 26 acres into three lots, one of ten acres,with existing home, one of 12 acres and one of 3.9 acres.
Location: Located on the north end of Glenn Ridge Drive north of Vine Drive north of the Glenn Ridge subdivision and West of Trappers Point
Applicant: Hugh and Trudy McElwee, 1029 Glenn Ridge Drive, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Shamrock Hill Acres Subdivision Preliminary Plat, file #16-LAND3506, subject to the following condition(s):
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Shamrock Hill Acres Subdivision Preliminary Plat file #16-LAND3506, except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Reeves Acres Subdivision Preliminary Plat.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single-family dwellings: Poudre School District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Fire Requirements Residential fire sprinklers will be required in all new habitable buildings in excess of 400 feet from a fire hydrant.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site-specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester, which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
6. Participation by the two new lots in the appropriate road maintenance associations or HOA’s to the level of road maintenance shall be required. Participation shall be based upon “proportionate share”.
7. Additional soils and groundwater information as requested by the Health Departmentshall be supplied with the Final Plat application.
3. POPE COMMUNITY HALL AMENDED SPECIAL REVIEW #16-ZONE2031
Staff Contact: Matt Lafferty
Request: An amendment to the Pope Community Hall Special Review (File # 12-Z1890 as amended by File #13-Z1918) to
a. expand the allowed number of events,
b. remove restrictions pertaining to indoor vs. outdoor events,
c. remove requirements that a Sheriff Deputy attend and monitor and report on all events,
d. modify the condition pertaining to amplified sound,
e. remove conditions pertaining to the disbursement of food and beverages,
f. removal of condition pertaining to keeping doors and windows on the gym closed,
g. modify conditions pertaining to parking,
h. modify the hours of operation.
Location: 32-08-69; situated on the north side of Bingham Hill Road, approximately ½ mile west of Overland Trail.
Applicant: Randall Pope, 3924 Bingham Hill Road, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the Pope Community Hall 2nd Amended Special Review, File #16-ZONE2031, subject to the following amended condition(s):
· No changes to Conditions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19 and 20 of the approved Findings and Resolution dated 11/07/2013 at Reception #20130082800.
· Elimination of Conditions 8, 10, 16, 17, and 18.
· Condition 9 to be changed to read as follows:
9. Weddings and similar events
· Condition 11 to be changes to read as follows:
11. The total number of events allowed at the Pope Community Hall shall be capped at _______. Events at the Pope Community Hall Special Review can occur either indoors or outdoors, or a combination thereof, subject to the following:
a. The use of dance music and any other amplified voice or sound that is anticipated to exceed the Larimer County Noise Ordinance shall be confined to the inside of the gymnasium/multipurpose room. All other sound, within the stated business hours, will be allowed outdoors.
b. The Speaker Placement and Orientation Plans shall be adhered to for the outdoor use of amplified music, voice or sound for an allowed ceremony, with the measured level of sound no greater than 75 db at three feet from the front of each speaker.
c. The disbursement of food and beverages (i.e. food lines and
bars) shall occur within the gymnasium/multi-purpose room.
d. To contain noise occurring within the gymnasium/multi-purpose room, the doors and other openings to said gymnasium/multi-purpose room must stay closed during all approved weddings or similar events/activities.
c. Outdoor activities shall be conducted only on that part of the property defined as the Community Hall Area on the amended site plan for the amended Special Review
· Condition 15 to be changes to read as follows:
15. Events for the Pope Community Hall Special Review, File #12-Z1890 shall be amended to allow use of the property between the hours of 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM. After 7:00 PM noise from any outdoor activity associated with any event shall be limited in volume and quality so as to not violate the County Noise Ordinance. This condition does not apply to approved Seasonal Camps.
I. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, October 12, 2016: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, October 19, 2016: Planning Commission hearing