Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH – January 13, 2011
The Larimer County Board of Health (BOH) convened its regular meeting at 7:00 PM at the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (LCDHE), 1525 Blue Spruce Drive, Fort Collins, CO.
MEMBERS PRESENT: N. Mark Richards, M.D., M.P.H.
Judy R. Robinson, B.S.N., M.P.H.
C.J. McKinney, M.A.
Commissioner Steve Johnson
Executive Secretary: Adrienne LeBailly, M.D., M.P.H.
Staff: Marie Macpherson, Bruce Peters, Jerry Blehm, Avie Strand and Amanda Mozer
1. Call to order
The Board of Health meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.
2. Approval of the December 9, 2010 Board of Health meeting minutes
The minutes of the December 9, 2010 meeting were unanimously approved.
*MOTION was made to approve the Larimer County courthouse as the official location for BOH meeting announcments.
*MOTION was unanimously approved.
3. Brief demonstration of Public Health Event Web Registration (PHEWR) system – Bruce Peters, Assistant Director of Administrative Services
Ø Mr. Peters demonstrated using PHEWR, the online event registration system, to BOH
· PHEWR can:
- Register clients for an event and email and print tickets for registered clients
- Create a survey that screens clients to verify that they are eligible to receive services at an event and obtain all medical intake information needed to receive the service.
- Adjust the number of tickets administered per time slot based on the number of event attendees to accommodate staffing levels
· Clients can cancel their registration, modify demographic information and re-print tickets online
· PHEWR was developed as an open source system so any County or State can use it or improve it. It has the same web protection as online purchasing and banking systems
· Denver Health is working on a project called AIZAP that is designed to integrate with PHEWR
- AIZAP is a software application that scans a client’s ticket/barcode at every clinic station via iPhone/iTouch devices to operate a paperless clinic and allow records of immunizations given to be uploaded into the Colorado Immunization Registry in real time.
4. Initial draft of goals for 2011 – BOH, Director, Division Directors
Ø Dr. LeBailly and Division Directors reviewed “Draft Goals for 2011” document with BOH
Board of Health (BOH) Goals
Ø Revision made to BOH goal #3 to make the goal more generalized and concise
Ø Dr. Richards will draft and email BOH goals focused on receiving on-going education, maintaining awareness of LCDHE constraints and directions in Public Health and re-evaluating BOH governance, policies and procedures to BOH members for input
Community Health Goals
Ø BOH would like to assess what the most pressing community Public Health needs are, measure if LCDHE programs are having an affect on those needs and assist in addressing those needs
Environment Health (EH) Goals
Ø In response to a question about West Nile Virus (WNV) surveillance, Dr. LeBailly mentioned that we will have less WNV mosquito data in the Fort Collins area due to city allocation being cut by about 1/3 ($100,000) compared to past years
Ø A group of stakeholders (engineers, installers, school of mines, etc.) and public health agencies is considering changing several State onsite wastewater treatment system regulations. One proposal involves requiring a septic system inspection prior to a real estate sale of a non-sewered home.
Ø LCDHE currently offers inspections for home buyers seeking Federal Housing Administration loans
Ø BOH requested an annual presentation on our Communicable Disease program and diseases reported in the last year
Suggested revisions to the “Draft Goals for 2011” document will be reviewed at February BOH meeting.
5. Discussion of how to respond to National Association of Local Boards Of Health (NALBOH) survey of local Boards of Health – Dr. Mark Richards and Board
Ø Dr. Richards will email BOH members survey questions he believes require BOH opinion
6. Director’s Report – Dr. LeBailly
Ø Septic system repair permit fee request
· LCDHE received a request from an elderly family of low socioeconomic status, whose septic system was repaired in 2006 and now has failed again, to consider waiving the repair fee or have them only pay for the difference between the old and new repair fee
· LCDHE does not have a process for handling such requests
· BOH decided not to waive repair fee and to ask staff to develop a process for the Board to consider for handling such requests
7. Executive Session – Public Health Director evaluation
Ø BOH moved into executive session to discuss personal matters regarding the performance evaluation of the Public Health director, in compliance with C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4) (f) (I)
8. Next meeting, February 10, 2011
Ø Agenda items: CALPHO presentation and review “Draft Goals for 2011” document
9. Board reconvened from Executive session; no action taken. Adjourned at 9:15 PM.
Amanda Mozer, Recording Secretary Adrienne LeBailly, MD, Executive Secretary