County Offices, Courts and Landfill will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Lakes Planning Advisory Committee
March 8, 2007
Members in Attendance: Gordon (Bud) Thomas, Lucille
Schmitt, Bill Gilbert, Ted Carter, Roger Svendsen, Susan Bradley, Gene Allen,
Others Present: Jill Bennett – Board Liaison (LarCo
Planning Dept.) and two guests.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chair Lucille
Schmitt at 4:03PM.
The minutes from the February 8th, 2007 meeting
were approved as submitted. It was decided by the Board members present decided
that the Secretary would email the draft of the minutes to Jill Bennett, and
then a hard copy of the minutes will be mailed to the Board along with the
agenda for the next meeting.
- Signs: Jill passed a handout from the Planning and
Building Services Division concerning ‘Signs in Larimer County.” Jill
pointed out the information in the handout concerning the notification of
removal procedure and how signs that violate the ordinance are removed.
- Commissioner Communication Items: None
Red Feather Lakes Business Zone Proposal:
- Apply only to the Red Feather Lakes area.
- Two meetings have been help with the area business owners.
- A third meeting is scheduled for the week of March 12, 2007 at the library.
- Jill explained the process to get approval to build for a
non-residential use project.
- Jill explained what the Land Use Code requirements
are for project reviews and the differences that trigger the need for a
‘Minor Special Review’ or ‘Special Review.’
- Jill pointed out some of the major problems that exist in
the Red Feather Lakes area. Some of the problems are Lot Lines, Rights of
Way, Replates, and Lot Size.
- Jill pointed out several statements in the proposal that
are italicized. These are ONLY applicable to the Red Feather Lakes area.
- Jill pointed out the advantage to area businesses if they
convert to the zoning in the proposal since it can be very difficult to
get financing etc. if the business is a non-conforming use
- Susan commented on the lot size restrictions and felt that
the minimum lot sizes in the proposal were very large for the Red Feather Lakes
- There were several comments about getting the PAC Board
membership into the loop as far as the business owner’s discussions on the
rezone proposal. Jill will add the PAC members to her email list for
notices of meetings on the proposal.
- There was some questions concerning the time line for
approving the RFL Business zone.
- Jill will provide a draft of the proposed by-laws.
- There was a very long discussion concerning quorum and
consensus. Several members of the PAC felt there was a need for a higher
standard for approving projects that may come before the PAC than just a
majority of a quorum.
- Bill Gilbert offered to research Robert’s Rules of Order
to determine what the accepted rules are regarding how voting
may proceed and what the requirements are.
- PAC members would like a statement added to the By-laws
that would require a minimum of four (4) hours notice of any meeting
Several members asked to include the Forest Service website
address concerning the proposed Middle Bald Mountain project. The web address
The meeting was adjourned at 6:13PM.
William W. Gilbert, Secretary