Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park
 

Red Feather Lakes Planning Advisory Committee

Meeting Minutes

March 8, 2007

 

Members in Attendance: Gordon (Bud) Thomas, Lucille Schmitt, Bill Gilbert, Ted Carter, Roger Svendsen, Susan Bradley, Gene Allen, Ross Reid

 

Others Present: Jill Bennett – Board Liaison (LarCo Planning Dept.) and two guests.

 

The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chair Lucille Schmitt at 4:03PM.

 

The minutes from the February 8th, 2007 meeting were approved as submitted. It was decided by the Board members present decided that the Secretary would email the draft of the minutes to Jill Bennett, and then a hard copy of the minutes will be mailed to the Board along with the agenda for the next meeting.

 

Communication Items:

 

Project Updates:

 

  • Signs: Jill passed a handout from the Planning and Building Services Division concerning ‘Signs in Larimer County.” Jill pointed out the information in the handout concerning the notification of removal procedure and how signs that violate the ordinance are removed.
  • Commissioner Communication Items: None

 

Agenda Items:

 

Red Feather Lakes Business Zone Proposal:

 

  1. Apply only to the Red Feather Lakes area.
  2. Two meetings have been help with the area business owners.
  3. A third meeting is scheduled for the week of March 12, 2007 at the library.
  4. Jill explained the process to get approval to build for a non-residential use project.
  5. Jill explained what the Land Use Code requirements are for project reviews and the differences that trigger the need for a ‘Minor Special Review’ or ‘Special Review.’
  6. Jill pointed out some of the major problems that exist in the Red Feather Lakes area. Some of the problems are Lot Lines, Rights of Way, Replates, and Lot Size.
  7. Jill pointed out several statements in the proposal that are italicized. These are ONLY applicable to the Red Feather Lakes area.
  8. Jill pointed out the advantage to area businesses if they convert to the zoning in the proposal since it can be very difficult to get financing etc. if the business is a non-conforming use
  9. Susan commented on the lot size restrictions and felt that the minimum lot sizes in the proposal were very large for the Red Feather Lakes area.
  10. There were several comments about getting the PAC Board membership into the loop as far as the business owner’s discussions on the rezone proposal. Jill will add the PAC members to her email list for notices of meetings on the proposal.
  11. There was some questions concerning the time line for approving the RFL Business zone.

 

PAC By-laws:

 

  1. Jill will provide a draft of the proposed by-laws.
  2. There was a very long discussion concerning quorum and consensus. Several members of the PAC felt there was a need for a higher standard for approving projects that may come before the PAC than just a majority of a quorum.
  3. Bill Gilbert offered to research Robert’s Rules of Order to determine what the accepted rules are regarding how voting may proceed and what the requirements are.
  4. PAC members would like a statement added to the By-laws that would require a minimum of four (4) hours notice of any meeting cancellations.

 

Several members asked to include the Forest Service website address concerning the proposed Middle Bald Mountain project. The web address follows:

 

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/projects/ea-projects/clrd/commsite/scopingreport.shtml

 

The meeting was adjourned at 6:13PM.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

William W. Gilbert, Secretary

 

Background Image: Rocky Mountain National Park by Sue Burke. All rights reserved.