MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
There were no meetings held on Monday, March 14, 2011.
TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2011
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:00 a.m. with Frank Lancaster, County Manager. Chair Donnelly presided and Commissioner Gaiter was present. Also present were: Neil Gluckman, Donna Hart, Deni LaRue, and Diane Tokarz, Commissioners’ Office; Gary Darling, Criminal Justice Department; Carol Block, Finance Department; Nick Christiensen, Sheriff’s Office; and Melissa Lohry, Deputy Clerk.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: There was no public comment.
2. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 21, 2011: Ms. Hart reviewed the upcoming schedule with the Board.
3. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the consent agenda listed below:
03152011A001 AGREEMENT FOR NON-PAVED ROAD MAINTENANCE FOR VARIOUS GENERAL/PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS (ESTES PARK AREA) BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND KUHLMAN ENTERPRISES INC
03152011A002 TERM LIMITED ENTERPRISE LICENSE AGREEMENT #2011ELA1034 BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE INC
03152011A003 2010 FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION SECTION 5307 FUNDS SUBAGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, THE CITY OF FORT COLLINS, AND THE STATE OF COLORADO
03152011A004 INTERGOVERNMENTAL CONTRACT BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, THE STATE OF COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT FOR THE REMOVAL OF WASTE TIRES ON THE ALPS RANCH, LOVELAND COLORADO
03152011R001 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE THREE BELLS PIT TIME EXTENSION
03152011R002 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF LOT 1 IN THE GEIST MINOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
03152011R003 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE CITY OF GREELEY BELLVUE PIPELINE FLOOD PLAIN SPECIAL REVIEW
03152011R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE S BAR G CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT PRELIMINARY PLAT
03152011R005 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE S BAR G MINOR LAND DIVISION
MISCELLANEOUS: Monitoring & Permit Deviation Report for the Larimer County Landfill; and Letter of Support for the City of Fort Collins Historic Restoration.
LIQUOR LICENSES: Senor Rafeal at the Mexican Inn LLC – Hotel and Restaurant – Loveland; Morin and Morin doing business as Sundance Trail Guest Ranch – Retail Liquor Store – Red Feather Lakes; Boyd Lake Marina Inc. doing business as Boyd Lake Marina – 3.2% – Loveland; Sylvan Dale Ranch LLLP – Change of Corporate Structure – Loveland; and Phaze Nightclub – Tavern – Loveland.
Motion carried 2-0.
4. MID-TERM APPOINTMENT TO THE LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION: Ms. Tokarz requested the Board appoint Gary M. Gerrard to the Planning Commission, to fill an unexpired term of William Wendt, beginning March 15, 2011, and ending June 30, 2013.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Gaiter moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the appointment of Gary M. Gerrard to the Planning Commission to fill the unexpired term of William Wendt, beginning March 15, 2011 and ending June 30, 2013.
Motion carried 2-0.
5. COUNTY MANAGER WORKSESSION: Mr. Lancaster provided an overview of the performance measures seminar he attended last week.
Mr. Lancaster also briefed the Board on the Governor’s Economic Development Strategies meeting, to take place on March 24, 2011. Mr. Lancaster explained that the Governor requested each region appoint a team to provide a report to the state, to be compiled with a public survey, to inform the Governor of the economic development strategies that would best assist the region in reaching its economic goals.
The Board thanked Mr. Lancaster for the information.
6. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board detailed their attendance at events during the previous week.
7. LEGISLATIVE UPDATE: Mr. Gluckman and Mr. Darling briefed the Board on Senate Bill 186, Concerning the Establishment of an Alternative Bond Program, and requested their support of this bill.
Chair Donnelly and Commissioner Gaiter decided they would like to review the bill in its entirety before they lend their support.
8. LEGAL MATTERS: There were no legal matters to discuss.
There being no further business, the Board adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
TOM DONNELLY, CHAIR
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Melissa E. Lohry, Deputy County Clerk