County Offices and Courts will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2016 in observance of the President's Day Holiday. The Landfill will be open. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2006
There were no land use hearings held on Monday, October 30, 2006.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2006
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:30 a.m. with Assistant County Manager, Neil Gluckman. Chair Gibson presided and Commissioners Wagner and Rennels were present. Also present were: Donna Hart, Deni LaRue, and Cheri Pineda, Commissioners’ Office; Meegan Flenniken, K-Lynn Cameron, and Gary Buffington, Parks and Open Lands; Richard Greiss, and Shari Sauer, Rehabilitation and Visiting Nurse Association (RVNA); and Kristen Romary, Deputy Clerk.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: There was no public comment today.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 23, 2006:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Wagner moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of October 23, 2006.
Motion carried 3-0.
3. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEKS OF NOVEMBER 6, 2006 AND NOVEMBER 13, 2006: The Commissioners reviewed and discussed the upcoming schedule with Ms. Hart.
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Rennels moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the following items as presented on the Consent Agenda for October 31, 2006:
ABATEMENTS: As recommended by the County Assessor, the following Petition for Abatement is denied: Gagliardi, Nohra & James (3 parcels).
10312006A001 BILATERAL CHANGE ORDER LETTER BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF LARIMER COUNTY AND THE STATE OF COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
10312006A002 HUMANE SOCIETY AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF LARIMER COUNTY AND THE LARIMER HUMANE SOCIETY
10312006D001 DEED OF DEDICATION BY LOVELAND READY MIX CONCRETE, INC. FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBLIC HIGHWAY
10312006D002 DEED OF DEDICATION BY CARL O. MCCARTHY, II FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBIC HIGHWAY
10312006D003 DEED OF DEDICATION BY DONALD F. DUNGEY AND JANICE L. DUNGEY FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBLIC HIGHWAY
10312006D004 DEED OF DEDICATION BY SCOT ODENDAHL FOR SAID PROPERTY AS A PUBLIC HIGHWAY
10312006R001 RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING COMPENSATION FOR DISTRICT ATTORNEY APPOINTED OFFICIALS
10312006R002 RESOLUTION REGARDING EXTENSION OF APPROVAL FOR HERSH MINOR LAND DIVISION AND MINOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT AMENDED PLAT
10312006R003 RESOLUTION REGARDING EXTENSION OF APPROVAL FOR HERSH MINOR LAND DIVISION
10312006R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF PARCEL 2 IN THE AMENDED SCHNEIDER EXEMPTION AND BOUNDARY LINE ADJUSTMENT
10312006R005 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING AN AMENDED PLAT OF TRACTS A & B IN EARL BROWN EXEMPTION AND VACATION OF A PORTION OF RIGHT-OF-WAY
10312006R006 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED PLAT OF A PORTION OF TRACT A1 OF THE AMENDED WAAG EXEMPTION AND A PORTION OF TRACT 2 OF THE BOUNDARY LINE ADJUSTMENT RECORDED AT RECEPTION NUMBER 88019010
MISCELLANEOUS: Larimer County Layoff Waiver and Release Agreement (2 files).
LIQUOR LICENSES: The following liquor license was issued: American Legion Post #4 - Special Event 6% - LaPorte.
Motion carried 3-0.
5. DISCUSSION OF PARKS AND OPEN LANDS “GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY”: Ms. Flenniken explained that the Parks and Open Lands “Good Neighbor Policy” brochure outlines expectations for residents living next to Larimer County parks or open spaces. The Parks and Open Lands Department would like to provide citizens with office policies and procedures as they pertain to park and open space management. Ms. Flenniken stated that many of the ideas presented in the brochure are directly related to the “Code of the West”. Included in the brochure are frequently asked questions with answers, along with links to websites and other resources.
Commissioner Rennels suggested that the Parks and Open Lands Department create a Good Neighbor Award to coincide with their proposed policy. The recipient of the award would be someone who has proven to be a positive and active steward of the land. The award could potentially be funded through the grant program, and may consist of a small sum of money, a free parks pass, or a package of wildflowers, etc. Members of the Parks and Open Lands Department agreed that they would look into the potential creation of this award.
6. NATIONAL HOME HEALTH CARE MONTH PROCLAMATION: Mr. Griess and Ms. Sauer explained that the Rehabilitation and Visiting Nurse Association (RVNA) is a non-profit organization that provides healthcare in the home to disabled, elderly, and chronically ill individuals. Ms. Sauer stated that their organization is primarily funded through the Office on Aging, United Way, small grants, and Medicare/Medicaid programs. In conjunction with thousands of home care agencies across the United States, Ms. Sauer requested that the Board of County Commissioners recognize November 2006, as National Home Care Month. Commissioner Rennels read the proclamation aloud.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Rennels moved that the Board of County Commissioners proclaim the month of November 2006, as National Home Care Month in Larimer County.
Motion carried 3-0.
7. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: Ms. Pineda outlined appointments to the Boards and Commissions as follows:
GID #12-Club Estates: Kevin Cassidy, and Clark Mapes, appointed for a 4-year term beginning October 31, 2006, and ending November 30, 2010. Bill Esterday, appointed for a 3-year term beginning October 31, 2006, and ending November 30, 2009.
GID #16-Kitchell: Richard Cape, and Kris Laine, appointed for a 4-year term beginning October 31, 2006, and ending November 30, 2010. Howard Stetser, appointed for a 3-year term beginning October 31, 2006, and ending November 30, 2009.
Rural Land Use Board: Kristin Grazier, appointed for an 8-month period to fill an unexpired term, beginning October 31, 2006, and ending June 30, 2007.
8. WORKSESSION: There were no worksession items to discuss.
9. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board noted their attendance at events during the past week.
10. LEGAL MATTERS: There were no legal matters to discuss.
The meeting ended at 10:10 a.m.
GLENN W. GIBSON, CHAIR
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Kristen L. Romary, Deputy Clerk